Wednesday 3 November 2010

What would you do??

So 2011 is a massive year for this family and as we are hurtling towards it, I suppose I better get some decisions made and plans actioned. Hubbie turns the big 4.0. in July and in September we celebrate 10 years of marriage, and to be fair it is for better or worse and for richer or poorer. My significant other has been wanting to show me Las Vegas from the moment he got back, just before we got together those many moons ago. So i thought this coming year would be the time to do Vegas and do it in style. I've been imagining wedding vows being renewed with Elvis present, getting to see Celine Dion live and maybe catching the tiger guys. The thing is, what about the kids...? I live and breath my children, I never go out and any event the family does it does it all together. I can't imagine leaving them behind....but then again once in a lifetime holiday just the two of us sounds good too (we never got a honeymoon). I can't book until I decide whether they are coming with us or not and I really can't decide. Hubbie is of the opinion that on our own would be good but doesn't mind the kids coming. It would save loads of money with just the two of us but I know that my missing and worrying about them would ruin my holiday anyway. I am so confused and I can see me not doing anything therefore not having to make the decision. It is a big year but do I really want to celebrate it without the reasons I get up in the morning? Or should I just bite the bullet and let my hair down for a week and enjoy being a consenting adult. What would you do.....???

7 comments:

  1. I say you should go for it! You never got a honeymoon! Of course you'd miss your children - I miss my daughter when I'm not with her, but if she's in safe hands, and I speak to her/guardian a few times, and know that she's Ok, then it's all good.
    I know it's not on the same scale, but me and my hubby-to-be went away for a long weekend, and I missed Freyja to bits, bit at the same time, enjoyed the freedom and being able to do what we wanted without having to be the grown up in the morning. It was brilliant!
    Seriously, go and enjoy yourself. We all deserve to let our hair down once in a while. And I'm sure your kids would be in perfectly safe hands when your hair is well and truly down!
    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also say go for it. The kids will have a goodtime whatever they were doing whilst you away but as I know how much you love your family and just miss them when they at school, you could take them with you to enjoy the experience but also take someone else that will be able to look after them for you on the odd evening or day so you and hubby can go out alone whilst there and do something as a couple. There are lots of options but don't miss out, do whatever suits you and your family. Make it suit your family :) xxxxxx CO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say go for it as well. My ex and I have shared custody of my son, so the other half and I are able to get away for a holiday every year by ourselves. I miss my son all the time while he's not with me but it makes me a better mum when he's here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leave the kids behind. We went on our honeymoon to Sri Lanka leaving the kids behind. I really, really missed them but it wouldn't have been the same if they were there (if you know what I mean)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get away on your own and remember why you were together in the first place i think you both need that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comments. Littlest one is poorly again at the moment so plans on hold once again. I've spoken to a friend that got caught abroad during the eruption and was away without her kids. She said it was awful and she would never go anywhere without them ever again...so really stuck now lol !

    ReplyDelete
  7. My suggestion would be to work up to it. Going from being with the kids 24/7 to another continent away is too much. Try a day and a night and go from there. That way you all transition and work out what your comfortable with. And start now :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog, its interesting to hear other peoples perspectives on my thoughts :-)