Monday 13 September 2010

Enough already !!

Seriously I don’t know where to start. Friday we took humf to get a 2nd opinion on whether he still need grommets for his ears or whether we could put it off for the time being.  We’ve ended up coming out from seeing the doctor with not only his grommets being done but also his tonsil and adenoids being taken out as well. In what can only be described as the NHS “kicking arse” as its being done this Wednesday !! I really wasn’t expecting that. I was pretty convinced that we would be able to wait to have the whole thing done maybe after Christmas, apparently not though.

I am shitting myself and I can’t think of anything else. Everything that's happened since Friday feels a bit surreal. 

Saturday I think I only left the house to go to Tesco’s, in which I wandered around not entirely sure why I was there.

Yesterday we did manage to go out to town and went in to Marks and Spencer's to look for a pair of trousers for hubbie. Of course in my capacity for being a considerate person I took the kids with me to the kids clothes, so as their father could look for a pair of trousers in peace without being distracted by nagging sons (see, loving wife). Honestly I could have spent a fortune !! why is it when ever you haven’t any money you see loads of things you want to buy. I think I picked up 5 things and that was with great restraint knowing that as soon as I took them back to hubbie I would get the raised eyebrows and the familiar speech of “why have you got that stuff then?”. If only he knew how hard it was just to choose those 5 things out of the 100 or so I could easily buy for them. They had toy story t-shirts, Thomas the tank t-shirts, pyjamas, fluffy slippers, trendy shirts and ties.  I could have literally gone mad.  So I took the 5 vaguely sensible items to him to see what he thought. He liked none of them !! I was gutted, he was annoyed because he couldn’t find any trousers so we ended up with some pj’s for Cody’s over night stay and some bra’s that I’ve got to take back.

To make up for a bit of a disappointing afternoon we decide to visit our favourite restaurant for some “all you can eat” Chinese buffet. Its not bad food, and they are very tolerate of the kids in fact they make a real fuss of them. I love the buffet for one big reason, plate of chicken, bowl of ice-cream, plate of chicken, bowl of ice-cream. This is how 5 year olds meal goes. Its hysterical I don’t understand how its doesn’t curdle in his tummy, he eats loads so I’m not going to worry. Now the 2 year old has also cotton on to the fact that you don’t have to eat all your savoury before you can have your pudding as well. So the table got covered in ice-cream and jelly before we’d even finished our starters.  It was a nice evening and the kids where very well behaved along as there was ice-cream in front of them so all in all not too bad a day.

 

I’m hoping the rest of the week goes by without to much of a hitch, and just really not looking forward to Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes okay on Wednesday - be a brave mummy xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog, its interesting to hear other peoples perspectives on my thoughts :-)