Thursday 12 August 2010

If I hear I’m bored one more time

I really don’t know who suffers more through the summer holidays the parents or the kids lol. I suppose if you have loads of spare cash washing about and plenty of non working relatives that live in wonderful old cottages that are perched by the side of beautiful woods and creaks. The summer holidays could be filled with lots of healthy outdoor adventure. But if you are like me, and don’t have any of that, 6 weeks is a bloody long time.  My kids are going stir crazy, to say the very least.  I have done 2 indoor playgrounds, 1 trip to legoland, a blockbusters trip and numerous trips to the park and with all of that.  Sky, playstation, pc they are within minutes telling me they are bored. I am at my wits end, I need to work. I don’t know what to do. I am so feeling like the worst mother in the world right now.  I can’t be though can I? I love my children and they love me I just think 6 weeks is to darn long. !

1 comment:

  1. I'm lucky, in a way, as at the moment, I have one child and she's not in school yet...But, even she gets bored sometimes! There's only so much I can do when I don't have access to the car very often!
    A lot of my friends say that 6 weeks is a very long time to try and keep them entertained - a lot of bigger children I know can't wait to go back to school! So I wouldn't worry about it - you're not alone!

    Just popped over from the BMB site, would be fab if you could check out my blog too some time :)

    Hannah x

    http://www.metalmummy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on my blog, its interesting to hear other peoples perspectives on my thoughts :-)